You know you can’t stand the treadmill anyway. Why spend another day dreading your workout? You aren’t going to push yourself, get healthy and fit into your skinny jeans if you don’t like what you’re doing. Stop phoning it in at the gym and get your beautiful behind outside.
Here is my ultimate body blasting outdoor workout.
- Find a set of stairs – university campus, football stadium, your office building – it doesn’t matter where or how many just find some. Start by walking the set of stairs (make your set 250 steps total up and down) at a regular pace.
- Rest for 30 seconds at the bottom of the stairs.
- Before you climb again do 30 seconds of jumping jacks, then immediately climb another set of stairs (remember try to climb up and down a total of 250 steps – so if you need to go up and down a set of short stairs 2 times to make 250 steps, so be it!)
- Rest for 30 seconds at the bottom of the stairs
- Before you climb again, do 30 seconds of fake jump rope, then immediately climb another set
- Rest of 30 seconds at the bottom of the stairs
- Before you climb again, do 30 seconds of knee kicks.
Repeat 5-10 times, add in some plank holds, some crunches, some push ups & triceps dips for a total body workout… watch the video to see how it’s done!