I went gluten free October 1st. It’s easier than I thought and I’ve been experimenting with all kinds of traditional meals with gluten free substitutes. This apple cobbler was double delish! I didn’t have a recipe – I just played along to see how it would turn out and it was YUMMY to say the least!! Here’s what I did….
- 4 granny smith apples sliced or chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup – use real grade B maple syrup if you can for more mineral content
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon – I wanted to add some nutmeg too, but I ran out!
- 2 teaspoons of butter – use raw butter if possible & if you’re still afraid of butter you should read this
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup gluten free baking mix – I used the whole foods brand
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 egg beaten – organic and pastured
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
Mix apples, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, butter & salt on the stove over medium/low heat, stirring frequently until apples are softened. Set aside on low. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan, then add vanilla, maple syrup, egg and lastly add in gluten free baking mix. Poor apples into a pie dish, dropping topping evenly over apples. Bake at 350 for aprox. 20 minutes.