I don’t need to tell you that sugar is bad for you. But, I’m going to anyway. Refined processed, junky sugar is…. REALLY BAD FOR YOU. Like most of you, I’ve had a love/ hate relationship with sugar my entire adult life. I don’t have a typical sweet tooth – I don’t even like super sweet fruit. And I could care less about candy, donuts, cakes, pies, soda… that stuff doesn’t even enter my food radar. What really gets me going though, is rich, decadent chocolate, raw chocolate milk and home made gluten free brownies… ummm, so I have a bit of a chocolate thing going on.
While an occasional dessert is no biggy and should be enjoyed to the fullest – having gluten free brownies around as a staple is no bueno! So, starting tomorrow, January 4th I’m eliminating sugar for the next 21 days. That means no:
- white granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
- agave nectar
- fruit juice or fruit juice sweetened food
- stevia – because it’s sweet and you want to recalibrate your taste buds too
- no refined white flour – it acts like sugar in the body
- no sugar substitutes – no diet drinks
- no alcohol
Why you should do the 21 day sugar detox and what it’s gonna do for you.
If you cringe at the idea of removing sugar from your diet for a mere three weeks, then you DEFINITELY need to do the Sugar Smackdown. Not only are you giving yourself the gift of health, but you are going to recalibrate your taste buds so that real food is exciting again.
And…. wait for it…. you are also turning on the fat burning mechanism. By eliminating sugar your body finally has an opportunity to utilize the fat it has stored for energy. When you consume a lot of sugar, the body rarely needs to tap into its fat cells for energy (there are exceptions to this, but not going to go into that). That’s because immediately consumed sugar provides the body with glucose or the fuel it needs to move, live, breath etc…. The problem is, we are eating WAY too much of it and the body can’t use it, so it stores it as fat for later. If you eliminate or reduce your sugar intake, or eat foods that have a very low glycemic load, your body has a chance to ignite this fat burning response.
You’ll have more energy, mental clarity and focus. You’ll sleep better at night and feel more rested in the morning. You’ll lose weight, clear up your skin, improve digestion and gut function etc…
Just in case you need a reminder – let’s look a bit deeper into the dark side of junky processed sugar:
- it suppresses your immune system
- promotes weight gain and obesity
- disrupts the mineral balance
- contributes to depression, anxiety and mood swings
- promotes gut dysbiosis or over growth of bad bacteria in the gut such as candida
- causes an insulin response, contributing to insulin resistance and diabetes
- can cause hormonal imbalances
- increases risk for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- disrupt the body’s pH balance
- can cause hypoglycemia
- will reduce good HDL cholesterol and increase bad LDL cholesterol
- prohibits weight loss
How to do the Sugar Smackdown 21 day sugar detox
It’s easy. Really. All you have to do for the next 21 days is eliminate ALL sugar and everything that tastes sweet. That includes sugar substitutes found in diet drinks (you shouldn’t be drinking those anyway for health reasons!)
So what can you eat?
All that is covered in the Sugar Smackdown program. Join the group to get access to the fully-loaded Sugar Smackdown program.
When you join the tele-class you’ll get:
- The Sugar Smackdown manual – with the complete list of No Foods and Go Foods
- 21 day meal plan
- Access to the private Facebook support group
- Expert interviews about balancing hormones, fitness for fat loss, digestive health and more
Click below for more info! The 21 day sugar detox is a holistic mind/body turbo boost!