Happy Valentine’s Day Sunshine! Dare you to be vain and take the Valentine’s Day Challenge.
I’m usually not the type to get all “Hallmark Holiday” on your ass, but today is an exception. Today you get to be loved, give love and share love. For most women, it’s easier to do the latter. Somewhere along the way as women we were told it’s selfish and egotistical to be recognized for our greatness and sing our own praises. That’s a lie. I say, sing, sing, sing!
It’s not doing you or the world any favors to shrink inside. It’s time to have what I like to call, “bounce and joy.” This is the feeling of giddy electricity in your body, mind and spirit when you are living your divine purpose.
This Marianne Williamson quote is a perfect message on Valentine’s Day.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.”
So, I invite you to
1. Get up and dance to this fabulous Valentine’s Day boogie woogie and celebrate YOU! http://blip.fm/~kz4yq
2. Sit down with your bad-ass self and write down 10 things you absolutely love about yourself. I dare you to be vain and accept this Valentine’s Day challenge! Do it without judgement… just do it. You can even use this blog as a forum and post your list below in the comments sections. No holding back ladies!
To be a living example and to show you I practice what I preach, here are 10 things I love about myself.
1. I love that I’m willing to take risks on myself even though sometimes it feels beyond uncomfortable.
2. I love my curious childlike spirit that keeps my learning and growing personally and professionally.
3. I love that I am open to advice, direction and leadership from others.
4. I love that I nurture my body, mind and spirit with real food and allow myself an occasional treat for fun.
5. I love how determined I am to help other women find their “bounce and joy,” and to have radical health, wealth and happiness.
6. I love that I geek out on cell biology and figuring out an easy way to articulate the connection between our biology and our bank account keeps me up at night.
7. I love that I still fantasize about being in the cirque de soliel, despite the fact it’s been years since back flipping and trapeze training… hey, a girl can dream right?!
8. I love that I’m 36 and looking and feeling 26!
9. I love that I am able to make weight-loss, health improvement and personal and professional development fun and easy for people.
10. I love that I can write a blog post about how much I love myself.
Oh and BTW… I LOVE you guys too. In fact, I want you to accept this challenge and tell us all what is so absolutely fabulous about you. Please leave 10 things you love about yourself below in the comments section. Be an example for other women that it is okay to sing your own praises.